Cellulite afflicts about 90% of women over 30 and many men. Easily mistaken for fat, the problem actually lies in the skin. Even thin women can have lumpy, unsightly cellulite. The dimpling effect is primarily caused by fibrous bands that are not as elastic as the rest of the skin.
Methods of smoothing the skin surface used to be primarily massage but heat application (thermal) will temporarily tighten the skin surface and increase tissue health with improved circulation.
Thermage CL For Cellulite
The cellulite procedure by Thermage helps improve the appearance of cellulite in a single treatment without surgery, injections or downtime. With a special heat delivery tip, collagen-contracting heat is delivered deeply into the sub-dermal and fatty layers of the skin. This will cause the skin to tighten and firm while the new collagen creates a more evenly elastic foundation. Blood flow in the tissues is increased, further helping to reduce the lumpy bumpy appearance of cellulite.
For long term and pronounced treatment of cellulite, you may choose Cellfina, a micro invasive treatment for cellulite that is FDA cleared to show a 2 year improvement.
Learn More About The New Cellulite Procedure
Thermage Cellulite Treatment Overview
- No topical or injected local anesthetic, sedative or pain killers are necessary in most cases.
- An ink grid will be placed on your skin so that treatment energies are applied evenly.
- A clear fluid is applied to the treatment areas ensure good electrical and thermal contact with the skin and the treatment tip.
- With each energy pulse to the skin, a combination of cooling spray and RF energy is delivered. The spray continuously cools the outer layers of the skin to prevent overheating of the surface skin.
- Depending on your pain threshold, you may feel mild warmth, intense warmth (heat), or possibly very brief pain with each application of energy.
- Throughout the procedure, Dr. Mani or the Physician’s Assistant performing the procedure will ask for feedback from you about your perception of heat and the level of discomfort you are experiencing. RF levels will be adjusted up or down accordingly so that therapeutic levels of heat are achieved without excessive discomfort.
- Treatment time varies according to area(s) treated and the number of times the tip is passed over the skin. A Thermage procedure can take between 1 to 2 hours depending on the area treated.
Learn about Thermage and other cellulite treatment options at La Jolla Cosmetic Laser Clinic by completing the form on this page or calling (844) 202-8200 today for a complimentary consultation. We welcome patients throughout the San Diego area.